Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|18th Judicial District, Louisiana|
|Past position:||Assistant public defender, 18th Judicial District Court|
|Undergraduate:||Southern University, 1976|
|Law School:||Southern University Law Center, 1981|
|Candidate for:||18th District Court|
|Election information 2014:|
Alvin Batiste, Jr. is a judge of the 18th Judicial District, Division C in Iberville Parish, Louisiana. He was elected to this position on November 5, 2002, taking office the following January. His current term expires on December 31, 2014. He is running for re-election to the 18th Judicial District in 2014.
- See also: Louisiana judicial elections, 2014
| Batiste is running for re-election to the 18th Judicial District.
As an unopposed candidate, he will be automatically elected without appearing on the ballot.
Batiste graduated with a B.S. in economics from Southern University in 1976, going on to receive his J.D. from Southern University Law Center in 1981. He was admitted to the Louisiana State Bar that same year.
- 2002-2014: Judge, 18th Judicial District
- 1996-1997: Arbitrator, Southeastern Panel of the US Postal Service
- 1995-1997: Assistant public defender, 18th Judicial District Court
- 1988-1993: Assistant attorney general (Environmental Section)
- 1985-1988: Assistant public defender, East Baton Rouge Parish
- 1982-1985: Judge advocates general, US Navy
Batiste also maintained a law practice with his late wife, Yolanda J. Batiste, until 1997.
- Southern University Law Center: E-News, "2011 Alumni Round-Up Honorees Express Their Appreciation to SUL," April 2011
- Eighteenth Judicial District Court
- Louisiana District Judges Association, "18th Judicial District"
- Office of the District Attorney of the 18th Judicial District
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "Official Election Results 11/5/2002"
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "Elected Officials" (Scroll down to "District Judge…")
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "November 4, 2014 General Election Candidates," accessed August 25, 2014
- Louisiana Judicial Council, "Judge Alvin Batiste, Jr."