Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|18th Judicial District, Louisiana|
|Past position:||Assistant Public Defender, 18th Judicial District Court|
|Undergraduate:||Southern University Law Center, 1981|
18th Judicial District, Division C in Iberville Parish, Louisiana. He was elected to this position on November 5, 2002, taking office the following January. His current term expires on December 31, 2014.
Batiste graduated with a B.S. degree in economics from Southern University in 1976, going on to receive his J.D. from Southern University Law Center in 1981. He was admitted to the Louisiana State Bar that same year.
- 1982-1985: Judge Advocates General of the US Navy
- 1985-1988: Assistant Public Defender for East Baton Rouge Parish
- 1988-1993: Assistant Attorney General (Environmental Section)
- 1995-1997: Assistant Public Defender for the 18th Judicial District Court
- 1996-1997: Arbitrator for the Southeastern Panel of the US Postal Service
Batiste also maintained a law practice with his late wife, Yolanda J. Batiste, until 1997.
- Southern University Law Center: E-News, "2011 Alumni Round-Up Honorees Express Their Appreciation to SUL," April 2011
- Eighteenth Judicial District Court
- Louisiana District Judges Association: 18th Judicial District