Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Appointed by:||Abraham Lincoln|
|Active:||3/9/1865 - 6/9/1888|
|Preceded by:||Robert William Wells|
|Succeeded by:||John Finis Philips|
|Undergraduate:||St. Charles College|
|Law School:||Read Law (1844)|
Arnold Krekel (1815-1888) was a federal judge on the United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri.
He was nominated by President Abraham Lincoln on March 6, 1865. He was confirmed by the Senate on March 9, 1865, and received commission that same day. He retired on June 9, 1888. Krekel was succeeded in this position by John Finis Philips.
Early life and education
- St. Charles College
- Read law, 1844
- Surveyor, St. Charles County, Missouri
- Justice of the peace, St. Charles County, Missouri, 1841-1843
- Private practice, St. Charles County, Missouri, 1844-
- County and city attorney, St. Charles City and St. Charles County, Missouri, 1846-1850
- Editor, St. Charles Democrat [newspaper], St. Charles, Missouri, 1850-1864
- Member, Missouri House of Representatives, 1852
- Lecturer, University of Missouri School of Law, Columbia, Missouri, 1872-1875
Western District of Missouri
Krekel was nominated by President Abraham Lincoln on March 6, 1865. He was confirmed by the Senate on March 9, 1865, and received commission that same day. He retired on June 9, 1888. Krekel was succeeded in this position by John Finis Philips.
|Federal judicial offices|
Robert William Wells
|Western District of Missouri
John Finis Philips
Sarah Hays • Robert Larsen • John Maughmer • James England • Matt Whitworth • David P. Rush •
|Former Article III judges||
|Former Chief judges||