|Current Court Information:|
|Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court|
|Salary:||$188,337 (Commonwealth Court)|
|Past position:||Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas Judge|
|Born:||January 7, 1946|
|Undergraduate:||John Carroll University, 1967|
|Law School:||University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 1970|
|Military service:||U.S. Army Reserve|
Bernard L. McGinley is a judge on the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court. He was elected to a ten-year term on the court in November 1987 (effective January 4, 1988) and was then retained to a second ten-year term in 1997 and a third such term in 2007. His current term expires in December of 2017. He is also a judge on the Pennsylvania Court of Judicial Discipline. He was appointed to this position on September 22, 2009.
- B.S. from John Carroll University in Ohio, 1967
- Juris Doctor degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 1970
- Basic Officer Training at Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, in 1971, and was honorably discharged with the rank of Captain from the U.S. Army Reserve, Medical Service Corps in 1976.
He was commissioned as a Judge of the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas in January 1982, and served in the Criminal and Civil Divisions of the trial court until commissioned as a Judge of the Commonwealth Court on January 4, 1988.
- Law clerk for Robert A. Doyle of the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas.
- Assistant District Attorney for Allegheny County.
- Instructor of Criminal Law at Allegheny County Community College in 1974 and 1975.
- Chairman of the Allegheny County Board of Viewers from 1975 until 1980.
- Commissioned as a Judge of the Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County in January 1982
- Served as a member of the Pennsylvania Conference of State Trial Judges.
McGinley's was retained in 2007.
- Vote to retain: 1,039,215 (62.8%)
- Vote not to retain: 616,828 (37.2%)
Voter ID law
- List of judges of the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court
- Biography of Bernard McGinley from the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court Historical Society