Bert I. Ayabe
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|O`ahu First Circuit Court, Hawaii|
|Appointed by:||Linda Lingle|
|Approval vote:||Hawaii Senate: 25-0|
|Preceded by:||Dan Kochi|
|Past post:||District Judge|
|Undergraduate:||University of Hawaii|
|Law School:||Hastings College of Law|
Bert I. Ayabe is a judge of the O'ahu First Circuit of Hawaii. He was nominated in 2004 by Gov. Linda Lingle to replace retired Judge Dan Kochi, and approved by the senate unanimously. His term expires on June 09, 2014.
Ayabe was an associate attorney at Kobayashi Watanabe Sugita & Goda, Bollington Stilz & Bloeser, and Kim Sterns Lines & Moore; and a partner at Hisaka Furusho Ayabe & Goto.
He was the president of the Hawaii State Trial Judges Association.
Ayabe was one of six nominees for a Hawaii Supreme Court vacancy in 2010.
- ↑ Hawaii State Judiciary, "First Circuit (Oahu) Judges Telephone Listing"
- ↑ Hawaii State Legislature, "GM 421"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Hawaii State Legislature, "STAND. COM. REP. 3380 Honolulu, Hawaii, 2004, RE:GOV. MSG. NO. 421"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Honolulu Star-Bulletin, "Governor nominates 2 for judgeships"
- ↑ Hawaii Free Press, "Lingle seeks public comment on nominees for Hawaii Supreme Court Chief Justice"