|Current Court Information:|
|Texas Court of Criminal Appeals|
|Past post:||Adjunct profession, St. Mary's University School of Law.|
|Past post 2:||Judge, 379th District|
|Law School:||St. Mary's University School of Law|
|Candidate for:||Texas Court of Criminal Appeals|
|Election information 2014:|
Bert Richardson is a judge for the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals (Place 3). He was elected to the court on November 4, 2014, for a six-year term commencing on January 1, 2015, and expiring on December 31, 2020.
- For in-depth coverage of the state's high court races, see: Texas Supreme Court elections, 2014
- See also: Texas judicial elections, 2014
| Richardson ran for election to the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals.
Primary: He was successful in the Republican primary on March 4, 2014, receiving 60.4% of the vote. He competed against Barbara Walther.
General: He faced Mark Bennett (Libertarian) and John Granberg (Democratic) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
Below are the results of the 2014 judicial poll, conducted by the State Bar of Texas, which asked attorneys to cast a vote in favor of their preferred candidate in each appellate race.
|Place 3 Judge|
Before his election to the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals in 2014, Richardson worked as an adjunct profession at the St. Mary's University School of Law. He previously served as a judge for the 379th District in Texas for ten years. He was appointed to the position by former Governor George W. Bush. Richardson has also served as an assistant United States attorney and as an assistant district attorney in Bexar County.
- Texas judicial elections
- Texas Court of Criminal Appeals
- Courts in Texas
- Judicial selection in Texas
- Texas Judicial Branch, "Court of Criminal Appeals Judges"
- Texas Judicial Branch, "Court of Criminal Appeals"
- Elect Judge Bert Richardson
- The New York Times (Associated Press), "Texas: Judge Refuses to Dismiss Case Against Governor," November 18, 2014
- Texas Judicial Branch, "Court of Criminal Appeals Judges," accessed January 20, 2015
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County (A-L)," accessed January 20, 2015
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County (M-Z)," accessed January 20, 2015
- State Bar of Texas, "2014 Judicial Poll results," accessed January 20, 2015
- Elect Judge Bert Richardson, "Endorsements," accessed August 20, 2014
- Houston Chronicle, "Opinion, Recommendations, For Court of Criminal Appeals, GOP primary," February 4, 2014
- Elect Judge Bert Richardson, "Experience," accessed February 19, 2014