Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|United States District Court for the District of South Carolina|
|Active:||05/06/2002 - Present|
|Undergraduate:||College of Charleston, B.S., 1983|
|Law School:||U. of South Carolina Law, J.D., 1990|
|Candidate for:||United States District Court for the District of South Carolina|
Federal Circuit Nomination
District of South Carolina
|Court:||District of South Carolina|
|Progress:||297 days since nomination.|
|Nominated:||June 26, 2013|
|ABA Rating:||Unanimously Well Qualified|
On June 26, 2013, President Obama nominated Hendricks to the United States District Court for the District of South Carolina to fill the vacancy left by Margaret Seymour. Obama commented on the nomination, stating, "These individuals have demonstrated the talent, expertise, and fair-mindedness Americans expect and deserve from their judicial system. I am grateful for their willingness to serve and confident that they will apply the law with the utmost impartiality and integrity."
Early life and education
Hendriks earned her B.S. in 1983 from the College of Charleston and her J.D. in 1990 from the University of South Carolina School of Law.
- Magistrate judge, District of South Carolina. 2002-Present
- Assistant United States Attorney, District of South Carolina, 1991-2002
- The Third Branch, "Judicial Milestones," July of 2002
- "Presidential Nominations Sent to the Senate" 6/26/2013
- "President Obama Nominates Three to Serve on the United States District Court" 6/26/2013
- 113th Congress Nomination Materials
- White House, "Presidential Nominations Sent to the Senate," January 7, 2014