Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida|
|Appointed by:||Barack Obama|
|Active:||11/12/2009 - Present|
|Preceded by:||Susan Bucklew|
|Past post:||Florida Thirteenth Circuit Court|
|Home State:||Deerfield Beach, FL|
|Undergraduate:||Howard U., B.A., 1979|
|Law School:||U. of Florida Law, J.D., 1981|
Early life and education
Judge Honeywell graduated from Howard with her bachelor's degree in May of 1979 and graduated with her Juris Doctor degree from Florida Law in 1981. While in high school, Honeywell excelled academically while serving as senior class vice president and homecoming queen.
- 1994-2000: Attorney, Hill, Ward, & Henderson
- 1987-1994: Assistant City Attorney, Tampa Bay, Florida
- 1985-1987: Assistant Public Defender, Hillsborough County
- 1982-1985: Public Defender, Leon County
Florida Thirteenth Circuit Court
Judge Honeywell served as a Circuit Court Judge for the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit of Florida until her elevation to the federal bench. She was nominated to the Thirteenth Circuit by former Governor Jeb Bush in 2000. Honeywell also served a four year term on the Florida Federal Judicial Nominating Commission.
Middle District of Florida
|Court:||Middle District of Florida|
|Progress:||Confirmed 137 days after nomination.|
|Nominated:||June 25, 2009|
|ABA Rating:||Unanimously Well Qualified|
|Hearing:||September 9, 2009|
|Reported:||October 1, 2009|
|Confirmed:||November 9, 2009|
On the recommendation of Florida U.S. Senator Bill Nelson, Hardaway was nominated by President Barack Obama on June 25, 2009 to fill the seat vacated by Susan Bucklew. Ms. Honeywell received a well qualified rating from the American Bar Association.
Honeywell appeared in a hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee on September 9, 2009. After questioning, Ranking Republican Committee Member Senator Jeff Sessions praised her qualifications. The 19-member Committee voted to approve her nomination. You can find Honeywell's Public Questionnaire available here and her Questions for the Record available here.
- Judge Honeywell on the Thirteenth Circuit website
- Florida Thirteenth Circuit Court website
- Judge Honeywell Biography from the Federal Judicial Center
- ↑ Judge Honeywell Biography from the Federal Judicial Center
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 "The White House" President Obama nominates Charlene Honeywell and Jeffery Viken to serve on the Federal District Court Bench, June 25, 2009
- ↑ Sun Sentinel "Pompano native awaits appointment to federal bench", September 24, 2009
- ↑ "American Bar Association" Ratings of Article III Judicial Nominees of the 111th Congress, July 6, 2009
- ↑ Judicial Nomination Materials
- ↑ "Berger, federal bench nominee, appears at Judiciary hearing" Charleston Gazette, September 9, 2009
- ↑ Roll Call "Senate Approves Pair of Judicial Nominees", November 9, 2009
|Federal judicial offices|
|Middle District of Florida
Chief Judge: Anne Conway • Elizabeth Kovachevich • Steven Merryday • James Whittemore • John Steele • James S. Moody • Tim Corrigan • Virginia Covington • Marcia Howard • Mary Scriven • Sheri Chappell • Charlene Honeywell • Roy Bale Dalton, Jr.
Patricia Fawsett • George Young • Howell Melton • William Castagna • John Moore • William Hodges • George Sharp • Harvey Schlesinger • Susan Bucklew • Henry Adams • Richard Lazzara • John Antoon • Gregory Presnell •
|Magistrate judges||Thomas G. Wilson • Thomas McCoun, III • David A. Baker • Elizabeth Jenkins • Mark Pizzo • Karla Spaulding • Doug Frazier • Thomas Morris • Greg Kelley • James Klindt • Monte Richardson • Anthony E. Porcelli • Joel Toomey • Philip Lammens •|
|Former Article III judges|
|Former Chief judges|