Charles M. Greene
|Charles M. Greene|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Florida Seventeenth Circuit Court|
|Past position:||Legal adviser, Boca Raton Police Department|
|Candidate for:||Seventeenth Circuit Court|
|Election information 2014:|
Charles M. "Charlie" Greene is a probate and civil division judge of the 17th Judicial Circuit Court in Florida. He was elected on September 4, 1990, effective the following January. He was re-elected in 2008 and 2014, and his current six-year term expires on January 4, 2021.
- See also: Florida judicial elections, 2014
| Cohen ran for re-election to the Seventeenth Circuit Court.
As an unopposed candidate, he was automatically elected without appearing on the ballot.
Greene was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1983. He began his career as a prosecutor, working in the counties of Lee and Broward for five years. He then spent a year in private practice before becoming a legal adviser for the Boca Raton Police Department in 1989. In 1990, he was elected to the circuit court.
- 17th Judicial Circuit Court of Florida, "Judges," accessed June 27, 2014
- Sun Sentinel, "Campaign Spending Record Set By Judge," October 7, 1990
- 17th Judicial Circuit Court, "Probate Judges," accessed November 24, 2014
- 17th Judicial Circuit Court, "Circuit Civil Judges," accessed November 24, 2014
- Florida Department of State, Division of Elections, "Primary Election Results," September 4, 1990
- Florida Division of Elections, "Charles 'Charlie' Greene," 2008
- Florida Secretary of State, “Candidate Listing for 2014 General Election,” accessed May 5, 2014
- Judicial selection in Florida
- Sun Sentinel, "Circuit Judges Easily Re-elected," September 5, 1990
- Sun Sentinel, "Critics: Lawyer Trying To Buy First Judgeship," June 3, 1990
- The Florida Bar, "Charles Michael Greene," accessed November 24, 2014