Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Florida Sixth Circuit Court|
|Active:||1/2007 - 1/2019|
|Preceded by:||Crockett Farnell|
|Past position:||Assistant Public Defender|
|Past term:||1981 - 2006|
|Law School:||Stetson University College of Law, 1980|
|Candidate for:||Sixth Circuit Court|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||August 14, 2012|
Biography and Education
Helinger was born in Chicago, IL. She graduated from the Stetson University College of Law in 1980.
Helinger worked as an assistant public defender for 25 years (the last nine of which were part-time) prior to her election to the Circuit Court bench in 2006.
- See also: Florida judicial elections, 2012
- Florida 6th Circuit: Judges' Phone Numbers
- St. Petersburg Times, "Meet Pasco's newest judges," January 2, 2007
- Florida Department of State, Division of Elections: November 7, 2006 General Election Results, Circuit Judge
- Tampa Bay Newspapers, "Helinger and Martin race for Circuit Judge position," October 26, 2006
- Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections: Judge of the Circuit Court Group 9
- Judicial selection in Florida
- St. Petersburg Times: TampaBay.com, "From different sides of the courtroom, they seek the same job," October 25, 2006
- St. Petersburg Times: TampaBay.com, "Crist picks Jack Helinger for circuit judgeship," December 6, 2008
- Florida Division of Elections: 2012 Candidate Listing