Cynthia Dianne Steel
|Cynthia Dianne Steel|
|Current Court Information:|
|Nevada Eighth Judicial District Court|
|Undergraduate:||Valdosta State College, 1977|
|Law School:||California Western School of Law, 1990|
|Candidate for:||Eighth District Court|
|Position:||Family Division, Dept. G|
|Election information 2014:|
Cynthia Dianne Steel is a family judge for the Eighth Judicial District Court in Nevada. She joined the court in 1997. She ran unopposed for re-election in 2014, winning a term that expires in January of 2021.
- See also: Nevada judicial elections, 2014
| Steel ran for re-election to the Eighth Judicial District Court.
Primary: She was elected without opposition in the primary on June 10, 2014.
|Candidate||Incumbent||Seat||Primary %||Election %|
|Michael Douglas||Yes||Seat F||37%||48.3%|
|Cynthia Dianne Steel||No||Seat F||32.9%||36.2%|
|"None of these candidates"||Seat F||14.6%||15.3%|
|John Calvert||Seat F||15.3%|
- 1997-2021: Judge, Eighth Judicial District Court
- 1999: Family Court legislative representative
- 1998-1999: President judge pro tem
Awards and associations
- 2001-2002: President, Nevada District Judges Association
- 2000-2001: Vice President, Nevada District Judges Association
- 2001-2002: State Judicial Council
- 1998-Present: President, Eighth Judicial District Court Pro Bono Foundation
- 1997-Present: Clark County Bench Bar Committee
- 1997-Present: Family Law Section Executive Council, Nevada State Bar
- 1997-1998: Board of Trustees, Clark County Law Library
2010 judicial performance evaluation
The Las Vegas Review‐Journal performed a survey of attorneys with first-hand knowledge of state judges in 2010. Of 796 survey respondents, 58% said that they would not recommend Judge Steel for retention to the court.
2013 judicial performance evaluation
In 2013, the Las Vegas Review-Journal sponsored a survey of 902 lawyers who rated Nevada Supreme Court justices and judges located in Clark County. 65% of respondents voted in favor of keeping Steel on the bench. The average vote in favor of retention for all 88 judges evaluated was 71%.
- Clark County Courts: C. Dianne Steel
- Clark County Courts, Cynthia Dianne Steel biography
- Clark County Nevada, "Election: Candidate Filing in Clark County," accessed February 13, 2014 Select "Election Year: 2014"
- Silver State Election Night Results, "2014 Primary Election Results - Judicial," accessed June 11, 2014
- Municipal Court, "Survey Results"
- Las Vegas Review‐Journal, "Lawyers give poor scores to nine judges," May 10, 2010
- Las Vegas Review Journal, "2013 Judicial Performance Evaluation," accessed September 23, 2014