|Current Court Information:|
|Texas Court of Criminal Appeals|
|Past post:||Assistant district attorney, Harris County|
|Undergraduate:||University of Houston, 1993|
|Law School:||University of Texas School of Law, 1997|
|Candidate for:||Texas Court of Criminal Appeals|
|Election information 2014:|
David Newell is a judge for the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals (Place 9). He was elected to the court on November 4, 2014, for a six-year term commencing on January 1, 2015, and expiring on December 31, 2020.
- See also: Texas judicial elections, 2014
| Newell ran for election to the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals.
Primary: He was successful in the Republican primary on March 4, 2014, receiving 52.3% of the vote. He competed against William Kirkendall.
General: He faced George Joseph Altgelt (Green Party) and William Bryan Strange (Libertarian) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
Below are the results of the 2014 judicial poll, conducted by the State Bar of Texas, which asked attorneys to cast a vote in favor of their preferred candidate in each appellate race.
|Place 9 Judge|
|George Joseph Altgelt||1346|
|William Bryan Strange||1596|
- Texas judicial elections
- Texas Court of Criminal Appeals
- Courts in Texas
- Judicial selection in Texas
- Texas Judicial Branch, "Court of Criminal Appeals Judges"
- Texas Judicial Branch, "Court of Criminal Appeals"
- Texas Judicial Branch, "Court of Criminal Appeals Judges," accessed January 20, 2015
- Texas Secretary of State, "Republican Party Primary Election, Unofficial Results," 2014
- State Bar of Texas "Judicial Poll results," 2014
- Vote David Newell, "Endorsements," archived August 20, 2014
- Vote David Newell, "Career," archived August 20, 2014