Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Michigan Supreme Court|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Rick Snyder|
|Preceded by:||Diane Hathaway|
|Past post:||Judge, 16th Circuit Court, Michigan|
|Past post 2:||Managing partner, Viviano & Viviano, PLLC|
|Past term 2:||2003-2006|
|Law School:||University of Michigan Law School|
|Candidate for:||16th Circuit Court|
|Election information 2012:|
David F. Viviano is a justice of the Michigan Supreme Court. He was appointed to this position by Governor Rick Snyder on February 27, 2013, to replace Diane Hathaway. He must face election in 2014 if he wishes to serve out the last two years of Hathaway's term.
Viviano worked for a law firm in Chicago and another in Detroit before co-founding the Mt. Clemens firm of Viviano & Viviano, PLLC with Kathryn A. Viviano in 2004. He has also served as a city attorney for Center Line, MI. He was the managing member of Viviano & Viviano, PLLC for three years prior to his election to the 16th Circuit Court, Michigan of Macomb County in 2006. He served as chief judge of that court until his appointment to the Michigan Supreme Court in 2013.
- News: Viviano appointed to replace convicted justice of Michigan Supreme Court, February 27, 2013
- Michigan Supreme Court
- Judicial selection in Michigan
- CT Post, "Snyder names Macomb County judge to Supreme Court," February 27, 2013
- Macomb County, "Biography of the Hon. David F. Viviano"
- Viviano for Circuit Court Judge, "Meet Kathy"
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2006 Election Results: 16th Circuit Court"
- Michigan Courts, "Macomb County"
- Lebanese Monthly Magazine, "Rising Star David Viviano," December 2006 (Scroll to p.13)
- Michigan Department of State, "Unofficial 2012 General Election Results: 16th Circuit Court"
- Michigan Department of State, "2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," July 31, 2012
- Advisor & Source, "State Supreme Court makes chief judge change," November 21, 2011