E. Shayne Sexton
|E. Shayne Sexton|
|Current Court Information:|
|Eighth Judicial District Criminal Court, Tennessee|
|Past position:||Assistant district attorney, 8th Judicial District|
|Past position 2:||Attorney in private practice|
|Undergraduate:||University of Tennessee, Knoxville in 1985|
|Law School:||University of Tennessee, Knoxville School of Law, 1988|
|Candidate for:||Eighth Judicial District Criminal Court|
|Election information 2014:|
E. Shayne Sexton is a criminal court judge for the Eighth Judicial District Criminal Court in Jacksboro, Tennessee. The court presides over Campbell, Claiborne, Fentress, Scott, and Union counties. He has served as a judge since 1998 and was most recently re-elected on August 7, 2014, for a term expiring in 2022.
- See also: Tennessee judicial elections, 2014
| Sexton ran for re-election to the Eighth Judicial District Criminal Court.
General: He won without opposition in the general election on August 7, 2014.
Before he joined the court, Sexton worked as an attorney in private practice and served as an assistant district attorney for the 8th Judicial District.
Awards and associations
- Member, Tennessee Bar Association
- Member, Knoxville Bar Association
- Member, Hamilton Burnett Inns of Court 
- Union County, Tennessee, "8th Judicial District Courts"
- TN Courts.gov, "Trial Court Judges"
- TN Courts.gov, "Tennessee Judicial District Map"