Ellen Gay Conroy
|Ellen Gay Conroy|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Superior Court of Ventura County, California|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger|
|Preceded by:||Charles W. Campbell|
|Past post:||Court commissioner, Ventura County Superior Court|
|Undergraduate:||University of California, Santa Barbara|
|Law School:||Ventura College of Law|
Ellen Gay Conroy is a judge for the Superior Court of Ventura County in California. She was appointed by former governor Arnold Schwarzenegger on July 21, 2008 to succeed Charles W. Campbell. Conroy was re-elected in 2010 and her current term will expire in 2017.
- 2008-2017: Judge, Superior Court of Ventura County
- 2006-2008: Court commissioner, Ventura County Superior Court
- 2002-2003: Owner, Creative Dissolution Family Law Mediation
- 1997-2001: Family law facilitator, Superior Court of Ventura County
- 1984-1996: Attorney, Taylor, McCord
- 1982-1984: Sole practitioner
Conroy won the primary election with 65% of the vote. She was re-elected after running unopposed.
- Main article: California Superior Court judicial elections, 2010 (S-Y)
Conroy was rated as "Exceptionally Well Qualified" by the Ventura County Bar Association prior to the primary election.