Evelyn J. Laporte
|Evelyn J. Laporte|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|New York Supreme Court 2nd Judicial District|
|Past position:||Judge, New York City Criminal Courts and New York City Civil Court|
|Past position 2:||Brooklyn District Attorney's Office|
|Past term 2:||1992-2004|
|Undergraduate:||John Jay College|
|Law School:||Antioch School of Law|
|Grad. School:||john Jay College|
|Candidate for:||Supreme Court, 2nd District|
|Election information 2014:|
- See also: New York judicial elections, 2014
| Laporte ran for election to the Supreme Court, 2nd District.
General: She faced Democratic candidates Wavny Toussaint, Kathy King and Lara J. Genovesi, Conservative candidates Philip J. Smallman, Anthony R. Caccamo, Matthew A. Doheny and Dennis W. Houdek, and Working Families candidates Kenneth D. Schaeffer and Kevin R. Bryant in the general election on November 4, 2014, and won with 14.7% of the vote. Candidates competed for four open seats.
Prior to taking the Supreme Court, 2nd District bench, Laporte was a judge for the Kings County Criminal Court and the New York City Civil Court. She was elected to the court in 2004 and took office in 2005. Before joining the judiciary, Laporte worked at the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office. She has also served in the Family Court Office of Legal Affairs, Victim Services, and at the Criminal Justice Agency.
- New York judicial elections, 2014
- New York judicial elections
- New York Supreme Court 2nd Judicial District
- New York State Board of Elections, “State Certification for the November 4, 2014 General Election,” accessed September 30, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "State Supreme Court Election Returns November 4, 2014"
- John Jay College, "Alumni News," March 2006
- Martindale.com, "Evelyn J. Laporte," accessed October 7, 2014
- New York Courts, "New York City Civil Court"
- New York Courts, "Evelyn Laporte biography"