Evelyn J. Laporte
|Evelyn J. Laporte|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|New York City Criminal Courts|
|Alternative court:||New York City Civil Court|
|Past position:||Brooklyn District Attorney's Office|
|Undergraduate:||John Jay College|
|Law School:||Antioch School of Law|
|Grad. School:||john Jay College|
|Candidate for:||Supreme Court, 2nd District|
|Election information 2014:|
- See also: New York judicial elections, 2014
| Laporte is running for election to the Supreme Court, 2nd District.
General: She will face Democratic candidates Wavny Toussaint, Kathy King and Lara J. Genovesi, Conservative candidates Philip J. Smallman, Anthony R. Caccamo, Matthew A. Doheny and Dennis W. Houdek, and Working Families candidates Kenneth D. Schaeffer and Kevin R. Bryant in the general election on November 4, 2014. Candidates will compete for 4 open seats.
At the time of her election to the bench, Laporte worked at the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office. She has also served in the Family Court Office of Legal Affairs, Victim Services, and at the Criminal Justice Agency.
- New York judicial elections, 2014
- New York judicial elections
- New York Supreme Court 2nd Judicial District
- New York Courts, "New York City Civil Court"
- New York Courts, "Evelyn Laporte biography"
- New York State Board of Elections, “State Certification for the November 4, 2014 General Election,” accessed September 30, 2014
- John Jay College, "Alumni News," March 2006
- Martindale.com, "Evelyn J. Laporte," accessed October 7, 2014