Frederick W. Gannett
|Frederick W. Gannett|
|Current Court Information:|
|Colorado Fifth Judicial District|
|Past position:||Assistant county judge, Eagle County Court|
|Law School:||Williamette University|
|Candidate for:||Fifth Judicial District|
|Election information 2014:|
Frederick W. Gannett is a judge for the Fifth Judicial District of Colorado. Gannett joined the court in 2006. He was retained by voters in 2014, winning a six-year term that expires on January 11, 2021.
Gannett was appointed assistant county judge for the Eagle County Court (Division II) in 1987. He was appointed to the Eagle County Court (Division I) in 1992. In 1994, he became a private practice lawyer.
Throughout his career, Gannett also served as a municipal judge for the City of Basalt. He also worked as associate judge for the Town of Vail. In 2002, he was reappointed to the Eagle County Court, where he served until his district court appointment.
- See also: Colorado judicial elections, 2014
|Gannett ran for retention to the Fifth Judicial District. The general election took place on November 4, 2014.|
Judicial performance evaluation
The Colorado Commissions on Judicial Performance recommended that Judge Gannett be Retained. The full report is available here.
- Colorado Judicial Branch, "Frederick W. Gannett," accessed September 8, 2014
- State of Colorado Office of Judicial Performance Evaluation, "Honorable Frederick Walker Gannett," accessed January 19, 2015
- Judicial selection in Colorado
- Colorado Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Unofficial Candidate List," accessed September 4, 2014