|Current Court Information:|
|Missouri Municipal Courts|
|Title: || Judge|
|Position: || City of Troy|
|Active: || 2013-Present|
|Past position: || Public Defender, Lincoln County|
|Party: || Republican|
|Undergraduate: || University of Missouri-Columbia, 1970|
|Law School: || University of Missouri-Columbia, 1973|
|Military service: || U.S. Air Force|
Judge Grunick takes the oath of office.
Gary Grunick is a judge of the Troy Municipal Court in Lincoln County, Missouri. He was appointed to this position, effective July 1, 2013.
Grunick earned his B.S. degree (in Business Administration) from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 1970 and his J.D. degree from the same school in 1973.
Grunick spent 21 years as a Judge Advocate in the U.S. Air Force--serving as a staff judge advocate, Prosecutor, Defense Attorney and Appellate Judge. From 1992 to 1994, he was an Appellate Judge on the U.S. Air Force Court of Criminal Appeals in Washington, D.C. Then, after retiring from the military, he worked for ten years in private practice and eight years as a Public Defender for Lincoln County. In 2013, he was appointed a judge of the Troy Municipal Court.
Awards and associations
- The Legion of Merit Medal
- Defense Meritorious Sevice Medal
- Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
- Air Force Commendation Medal
- American Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Lincoln County Bar Association
- Trustee on Executive Board of LifeWay Christian Resources in Nashville, TN
- Member, Church Moderator, Adult Teacher, and former Mission Chairman - First Baptist Church-Troy, Missouri
Grunick ran unsuccessfully for the 45th Circuit Court. He was defeated by Christina C. Kunza Mennemeyer in the Republican primary.
- See also: Missouri judicial elections, 2012