Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Vermont Supreme Court|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Peter Shumlin|
|Preceded by:||Brian Burgess|
|Past post:||Judge, Vermont Superior Court|
|Law School:||Harvard Law School|
Geoffrey Crawford is an associate justice of the Vermont Supreme Court. He was appointed to this position by Governor Peter Shumlin on September 20, 2013 to replace retired Justice Brian Burgess. He was sworn in on October 16, 2013 and his current term will expire in 2019.
Crawford began his career as a partner with the firm of O’Neill Crawford & Green. He was appointed to the Superior Court in 2002. He served on the Washington County Superior Court and then the Chittenden County Superior Court. He also presided over the Mental Health Treatment Court in Chittenden County. He was appointed to the Supreme Court in 2013.
- Vermont Supreme Court
- Judicial selection in Vermont
- Judges appointed by Peter Shumlin
- News: VT Democrats cite Judge Crawford's decision in complaint, March 15, 2012
- Valley News, "Crawford Named to Vt. Supreme Court Court," September 21, 2013
- Vermont.gov - Governor Peter Shumlin, "Gov. Shumlin Appoints Judge Geoffrey Crawford to Supreme Court," September 20, 2013
- News Daily, "New Vt. Supreme Court justice seeks reconciliation," October 16, 2013
- VTDigger.org, "Vermont Supreme Court's Newest Justice, Geoffrey Crawford, Sworn In," October 16, 2013
- Civil Division Click the "Chittenden" link
- A Kinder Court