Harry J. Jacob, III
|Harry J. Jacob, III|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Bedford Municipal Court, Ohio|
|Past position:||Attorney in private practice|
|Undergraduate:||Kent State University, 1978|
|Law School:||Case Western Reserve University School of Law, 1981|
Harry J. Jacob, III was a judge for the Bedford Municipal Court in Ohio. He was elected in November 2009 to a term commencing on January 1, 2010. He retired from the court on October 8, 2014, citing health reasons for his retirement.
Jacob was found guilty in September 2014 for charges including falsifying court records and having sex with prostitutes. He was found not guilty on felony charges involving corruption.
Prior to joining the court, Jacob spent his legal career in private practice.
Awards and associations
- Member, Cuyahoga County Bar Association Grievance Committee
- Chairman, Cuyahoga County Bar Association Ethics Committee
- Chairman, Cuyahoga County Bar Association Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee
- Parish council, St. Rita Catholic Church
- Former officer, Knights of Columbus
- 1988-2009: Member, Solon Civil Service Commission 
- Bedford Municipal Court, "Court Officials"
- Fox 8: Cleveland, "Retired Bedford judge gets jail time for having sex with prostitutes," October 15, 2014
- The Plain Dealer, "Endorsements: Harry Jacob III is easily the best candidate for Bedford Municipal Court judge - editorial," October 13, 2009