Hawaii Family Courts
The Hawaii Family Courts are trial courts dedicated to cases involving families and children. They hear three main types of cases: Children, domestic relations, domestic violence.
- Children cases include: delinquency, status offenses, abuse and neglect, termination of parental rights, adoption, guardianship, and detention.
- Domestic relations cases include: divorce, child support, paternity, uniform child custody jurisdiction and other custody matters.
- Domestic violence cases include: requests for civil restraining orders involving family members; offenses of abuse of family and household members; and felony charges limited to offenses against household members.
- The courts also hears cases involving: civil commitment, guardianship of adults, and adult abuse.
- O`ahu First Circuit Family Court, Hawaii
- Maui Second Circuit Family Court, Hawaii
- Hawai`i Third Circuit Family Court, Hawaii
- Kaua`i Fifth Circuit Family Court, Hawaii