Herbert L. Richardson
|Herbert L. Richardson|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|North Carolina 16B Judicial District|
|Title:||District Court Judge|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Jim Hunt|
|Past post:||Attorney, District Attorney's Office|
|Past post 2:||Attorney, Private practice|
|Undergraduate:||North Carolina Central University|
|Law School:||North Carolina Central University|
Herbert L. Richardson is a district court judge for the 16B Judicial District, serving Robeson County of North Carolina. He was appointed to the court by then-Governor Jim Hunt in 1979 and was most recently re-elected in November 2010 to another four-year term that expires in 2014.
Before his appointment to the court, Richardson worked as an attorney in private practice in Durham, North Carolina and then served in the District Attorney's Office.
Awards and associations
- 2006: Liberty Bell Award, North Carolina Bar Association 
- See also: North Carolina judicial elections, 2010
- The North Carolina Court System: Robeson County, District Court Judge Herbert L. Richardson, Sr.
- The North Carolina Court System: Robeson County - District 16B
- ↑ The North Carolina Court System: Judicial Directory, Herbert L. Richardson
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The North Carolina Court System: Robeson County, District Court Judge Herbert L. Richardson, Sr.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Robesonian.com, "Lawyers use annual fest to honor Judge Richardson", December 13, 2006
- ↑ North Carolina Secretary of State, Unofficial General Election Results