Hope Schwartz Zimmerman
|Hope Schwartz Zimmerman|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|New York Supreme Court 10th Judicial District|
|Past position:||Justice, Nassau County Family Court|
|Past position 2:||Principal law secretary|
|Past term 2:||2000-2004|
|Undergraduate:||Rhode Island College, 1968|
|Law School:||Hofstra University School of Law, 1986|
|Grad. School:||New York University, 1970|
|Candidate for:||Supreme Court 10th Judicial District|
|Election information 2013:|
- 2014-2027: Justice, Nassau County Supreme Court
- 2011-2014: Supervising justice, Nassau County Matrimonial Parts
- 2009-2011: Supervising justice, Nassau County Family Court
- 2005-2009: Justice, Nassau County Family Court
- 2000-2004: Principal law secretary, Hon. Elaine Stack of the Nassau County Supreme Court
- 1987-1999: Attorney in private practice
| Zimmerman ran for election to the Supreme Court 10th Judicial District.
General: She was elected in the general election on November 5, 2013, with 14.20% of the vote. John Michael Galasso, Paul E. Hennings, Matthew G. Hughes, Arthur G. Pitts, David T. Reilly and Gary J. Weber were also on the ballot, competing for four open seats.
Schwartz Zimmerman ran unsuccessfully for election to the 10th District Supreme Court in 2012. She was one of twelve candidates running for six seats in the general election on November 6, 2012. She ran on the Democratic and Working Families party tickets, receiving 8.12% of the vote.
- See also: New York judicial elections, 2012
- The Court Officers Benevolent Association of Nassau County
- Main page: New York judicial elections, 2011:
- New York Supreme Court 10th Judicial District website
- Judge Profile: Hope Zimmerman
- Judge Hope Zimmerman's campaign website
- Hope Schwartz Zimmerman biography from the NY State Unified Court System
- New York State Board of Elections, "Supreme Court Candidate List, 2013"
- Nassau County Board of Elections: Unofficial 2013 General Election Results all but one district reporting
- Suffolk County Board of Elections: Unofficial 2013 General Election Results
- NYS Board of Elections State Supreme Court Official Returns, November 5, 2013
- Nassau County Board of Elections, Unofficial 2012 General Election Results
- New York Law Journal, Candidates for Supreme Court Justice
- COBANC.org, 2012 Judicial Endorsements
- New York 2011 Voter Guide: Nassau County
- New York 2011 Voter Guide: Judge Hope S. Zimmerman
- Unofficial Election Results for Nassau County 2011