|Current Court Information:|
|Maricopa County Superior Court, Arizona|
|Past position:||Commissioner, Maricopa County Superior Court|
|Undergraduate:||The College of William & Mary, 1975|
|Law School:||University of Virginia Law School, 1979|
|Candidate for:||Maricopa County Superior Court|
|Election information 2014:|
Hugh Hegyi is a Civil Court judge (Phoenix Division/Tax Court) for the Maricopa County Superior Court in Arizona. He joined the court in 2007 and was retained in 2010 for a term expiring in 2014. He is running for retention to the Maricopa County Superior Court in 2014.
- See also: Arizona judicial elections, 2014
|Hegyi is running for retention to the Maricopa County Superior Court. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.|
The Judicial Performance Review Commission provides Arizona voters with an evaluation of each judge up for retention. The commission votes on whether a candidate meets or does not meet the JPR standards. Each judge is assessed on their legal ability, integrity, communication skills, judicial temperament and administrative performance.
The commission voted that Hegyi met the JPR standards. The vote was 29-0 in favor of retention.
- Main article: Arizona judicial elections, 2010
Read Hegyi's Judicial Performance Report here.
- 2007-2014: Judge, Maricopa County Superior Court
- 2003-2007: Commissioner, Maricopa County Superior Court
- 1990-2003: Assistant attorney general, Arizona Attorney General's Office
- 1979-1990: Attorney in private practice
- 1975-1976: Staff assistant, United States Senate
- Arizona Courts, "Hugh Hegyi Biography," accessed September 26, 2014
- The Judicial Branch of Arizona, "Maricopa Superior Court Judges," accessed September 24, 2014
- Maricopa County Recorder, "Final Official Results," November 2, 2010
- Arizona Judicial Performance Review, "Judicial Report: 2014," accessed September 24, 2014
- Arizona Courts: Judicial Performance Review, "Judicial Performance Standards," accessed September 30, 2014