Jack B. Schmetterer
|Jack B. Schmetterer|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|United States bankruptcy court, Northern District of Illinois|
Jack B. Schmetterer is a senior judge for the United States bankruptcy court, Northern District of Illinois. He was appointed for a fourteen -year term of office on May 9, 1985, which was later extended by six months. Schmetterer was reappointed for a second term effective November 6, 1999.
Education and early life
- 1984-1985: Member, Northbrook Village Board
- 1981-1984: Trustee, North Shore Mass Transit District
- 1971-1973: First Assistant State's Attorney of Cook County
- 1963-1970: Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Illinois
- 1968-1970: First Assistant U.S. Attorney
- Northern District of Illinois bankruptcy court
- United States Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Illinois, Judge Jack B. Schmetterer