James Gregory Bell
|James Gregory Bell|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Fourth Division of the Superior Court, North Carolina|
|Title:||Superior Court Judge|
|Position:||16B Judicial District|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Mike Easley|
|Preceded by:||Gary L. Locklear|
|Past post:||Judge, 16B Judicial District Court|
|Undergraduate:||Pembroke State University, 1979|
|Law School:||University of North Carolina School of Law, 1983|
|Candidate for:||Fourth Division of the Superior Court|
|Election information 2012:|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
James Gregory "Greg" Bell is a superior court judge for the 16B Judicial District of the Fourth Division of the Superior Court, serving Robeson County in North Carolina. He was appointed to the court by former Governor Mike Easley on January 9, 2009 to replace former judge Gary L. Locklear. In 2012, he was elected to a full term which expires in 2020.
Bell received his undergraduate degree in science and math with a teacher certification from Pembroke State University in 1979 and his J.D. degree from the University of North Carolina School of Law in 1983.
Bell has worked as a public school teacher, staff attorney at Lumbee River Legal Services, appeals referee for the Employment Security Commission, and private practice attorney. He was appointed to the 16B Judicial District Court in 2002, where he served until his promotion to the Superior Court in 2009.
- See also: North Carolina judicial elections, 2012
Judicial candidate survey
The North Carolina Bar Association asked its members to rank incumbent judges running for re-election on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being "excellent". Below are Bell's ratings in five categories and overall:
Floyd was elected to an unexpired term that end in 2012.
- See also: North Carolina judicial elections, 2010
- HighBeam Research, "Gov. Easley Appoints Judge Bell to Robeson County Superior Court Bench," January 9, 2009
- North Carolina State Board of Elections: November 6, 2012 General Election - Official Results
- Robesonian, "Bell picked for judgeship," 2009
- North Carolina State Board of Elections: Candidate Filing List, 2012 Primary Scroll to p.44
- North Carolina State Board of Elections: Lists of Judges and Term Expiration Dates
- NC Bar Association: Judicial Performance Evaluation Survey, January 2012 Scroll to p.6
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, 2010 Candidate Filing List