Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Virginia Court of Appeals|
|Succeeded by:||Teresa M. Chafin|
|Past position:||Stafford Circuit Court Judge|
|Undergraduate:||Washington and Lee University|
|Law School:||University of Virginia School of Law|
James W. Haley, Jr. was a judge on the Virginia Court of Appeals. He was elected to this position by the Virginia Legislature in January of 2005. He was retained by the state legislature in November of 2006 to a term that would have expired on January 31, 2013. However, Haley retired on March 1, 2012. 
Judge Haley earned his undergraduate degree from Washington and Lee University and his law degree from the University of Virginia School of Law.
Judge Haley has worked as a commonwealth attorney in King George County and a general District Court judge. Prior to his election to the Court of Appeals, he was a Circuit Court judge in Stafford County for 15 years.
- Official web page of the Virginia Court of Appeals
- Fredericksburg.com, "Judge James W. Haley Jr. leaving Court of Appeals seat," January 2, 2012
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Judge Haley gets appeals court slot", Chelyen Davis, Fredericksburg.com, Jan. 19, 2005
- ↑ Report of the Secretary of the Commonwealth (Bluebook): Judicial Branch Scroll to page 367
- ↑ Virginia Courts in Brief: term limits see pg. 8
- ↑ Fredericksburg.com, "Judge James W. Haley Jr. leaving Court of Appeals seat," January 2, 2012