James Todd Russell
|James Todd Russell|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Nevada First Judicial District Court|
|Past position:||Attorney in private practice|
|Undergraduate:||University of Nevada, 1969|
|Law School:||University of Pacific McGeorge School of Law, 1974|
|Candidate for:||First District Court|
|Election information 2014:|
- See also: Nevada judicial elections, 2014
| Russell ran for re-election to the First District Court.
Primary: He was elected without opposition in the primary on June 10, 2014.
Russell graduated from Carson High School in 1965 and received a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from the University of Nevada, Reno, in 1969. He graduated from the University of Pacific, McGeorge School of Law in 1974, after serving as a 1st Lieutenant in the United States Army from 1969-1971.
- 2007-2021: Judge, First Judicial District Court
- 1976-2006: Attorney in private practice
- 1975-1976: Deputy attorney general, State of Nevada
- 1974-1975: Law clerk, Nevada Supreme Court
- Carson City, NV, "James Todd Russell biography"
- Ballotpedia, "Nevada judge declines to block sports arena initiative," February 4, 2011
- Las Vegas Sun, "Kate Marshall says review of judge who failed to disclose potential conflict in special election court battle likely," August 5, 2011
- Las Vegas Review-Journal "Judge tweaks, approves Nevada redistricting maps" Oct. 27, 2011