James Todd Russell
|James Todd Russell|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Nevada First Judicial District Court|
|Past position:||Attorney, Private practice|
|Undergraduate:||University of Nevada, 1969|
|Law School:||University of Pacific McGeorge School of Law, 1974|
|Candidate for:||First District Court|
|Election information 2014:|
James Russell is a judge of the First District Court of Nevada. He has served in this position since 2007. He is running unopposed for re-election in 2014 for a term that expires in January of 2021.
| Russell is running for re-election to the First District Court.
Primary: He will run unopposed in the primary on June 10, 2014.Following the primary, he will be automatically re-elected.
Russell graduated from Carson High School in 1965 and received a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from the University of Nevada, Reno, in 1969. He graduated from the University of Pacific, McGeorge School of Law in 1974, after serving as a 1st Lieutenant in the United States Army from 1969-1971.
- 2007-2014: Judge, First Judicial District Court
- 1976-2006: Attorney, Private practice
- 1975-1976: Deputy Attorney General, State of Nevada
- 1974-1975: Law Clerk at Nevada Supreme Court
- Bio from Carson City, NV
- Ballotpedia, "Nevada judge declines to block sports arena initiative," February 4, 2011
- Las Vegas Sun, "Kate Marshall says review of judge who failed to disclose potential conflict in special election court battle likely," August 5, 2011
- Las Vegas Review-Journal "Judge tweaks, approves Nevada redistricting maps" Oct. 27, 2011