Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|North Carolina Superior Courts|
|Title:||Special Superior Court Judge|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Pat McCrory|
|Past post:||District Attorney, 29B Prosecutorial District|
|Past post 2:||Attorney, Long, McClure, Parker & Hunt|
|Undergraduate:||Wake Forest University, 1972|
|Law School:||Wake Forest University, 1975|
Prior to running for the court, Hunt was a 2012 Republican candidate who sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 11th Congressional District of North Carolina. Because no candidate received more than 40% of the vote in the Republican primary election on May 8, 2012, a runoff primary took place. Hunt was eliminated in the May 8, 2012, primary.
Before his appointment as special superior court judge, Hunt served as the district attorney for the 29B Prosecutorial District, serving Henderson, Polk, and Transylvania counties of North Carolina. He also practiced law with the firm of Long, McClure, Parker & Hunt.
2012 state congressional
Hunt ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent North Carolina's 11th District. Hunt sought the nomination on the Republican ticket. The signature filing deadline for candidates wishing to run was February 29, 2012. Hunt was looking to unseat incumbent Rep. Heath Shuler (D).
The Washington Post listed the House of Representatives elections in North Carolina in 2012 as one of the 10 states that could determine whether Democrats would retake the House or Republicans would hold their majority in 2013. North Carolina was rated 8th on the list.
- Courts in North Carolina
- North Carolina Superior Courts
- Judicial selection in North Carolina
- North Carolina's 11th Congressional District
- North Carolina's 11th Congressional District elections, 2012
- United States House of Representatives
- Blue Ridge Now.com, "Jeff Hunt sworn in as Superior Court judge," June 24, 2013
- HVilleScoop.com, "District Attorney Hunt Announces Congressional Bid," accessed January 13, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Election Results," accessed May 9, 2012.
- Carolina Public Press, "McCrory appoints DA Jeff Hunt as special Superior Court judge," May 17, 2013
- State of North Carolina, Governor Pat McCrory, "Governor McCrory Announces Appointment," May 16, 2013
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Results," accessed October 10, 2012
- Washington Post, "The 10 states that will determine control of the House in 2012," accessed April 25, 2012