Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Missouri 16th Judicial Circuit Court|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Jay Nixon|
|Preceded by:||W. Stephen Nixon|
|Past post:||Prosecutor, Jackson County|
|Past post 2:||Deputy prosecuting attorney, Jackson County|
|Past term 2:||2002-2007|
|Undergraduate:||Creighton University, 1989|
|Law School:||University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, 1992|
Jim Kanatzar is a circuit court judge for Division 5 of the 16th Circuit Court in Missouri. Kanatzar was to this position by Governor Jay Nixon on March 31, 2011 and his current term will expire in 2018.
- 2011-2014: Judge, 16th Circuit Court
- 2007-2011: Prosecutor, Jackson County
- 2002-2007: Deputy prosecuting attorney, Jackson County
- 2000-2002: Associate attorney, Armstrong Teasdale
- 1993-2000: Assistant prosecuting attorney, Jackson County
Awards and associations
- Recipient, Louis Lombardo Prosecutor of the Year Award
- Recipient, Distinguished Lifetime Achievement Award from Jackson County
- Recipient, Patriotic Employer Award from the U.S. Department of Defense
- Member, Kansas Bar
- Member, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Member, Eastern Jackson County Bar Association
- Former member, Missouri Association of Prosecuting Attorneys
- Member, Missouri Supreme Court's Regional Disciplinary Committee for the Greater Kansas City area
- Missouri Bar
- News: Jackson County Prosecutor to become Jackson County's new circuit court judge
- Judges appointed by Jay Nixon
- Kansas City Star, "Missouri governor picks Jackson County prosecutor for circuit court judge," April 1, 2011.
- Missouri Secretary of State Website, "Missouri Circuit Court Judges," accessed on September 2, 2013.
- 16thcircuit.org, "Biography: James F. Kanatzar," accessed on September 2, 2013.
- jacksongov.org, "Jim Kanatzar Sworn In As Jackson County Prosecutor," February 2, 2009.