Jimmie V. Reyna
|Jimmie V. Reyna|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit|
|Appointed by:||Barack Obama|
|Preceded by:||Haldane Mayer|
|Past post:||Attorney, Williams Mullen, P.C.|
|Home State:||Tucumcari, NM|
|Undergraduate:||U. of Rochester, 1975|
|Law School:||U. of New Mexico Law, 1978|
Jimmie V. Reyna is a federal judge for the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. He joined the court in 2011 after being appointed by Barack Obama. Prior to appointment, he was a partner at the firm Williams Mullen, P.C. in Washington D.C. Reyna was the first Latino to be appointed to the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Early life and education
- 1998-2011: Attorney, Williams Mullen, P.C.
- 1986-1998: Private practice, Washington, D.C.
- 1979-1986: Private practice, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
On September 29, 2010, President Obama nominated Reyna to serve on the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.  Obama commented on the nomination stating:
|“||At every step of their careers these individuals have performed with excellence and unwavering integrity. I am confident they will serve the American people with distinction on the Circuit Court bench.||”|
Reyna received a unanimous rating of "Well Qualified" from the American Bar Association. He had a hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee on February 16, 2011 and you can find his Hearing Transcript here. 
Reyna's nomination was returned to the President at the end of the 111th congress. President Obama resubmitted the nomination on January 5, 2011. Reyna's nomination was confirmed by a Senate vote of 86-0 on April 4, 2011.
Awards and Associations
- 2012: Honored by the Colorado Hispanic Bar Association
- 2010, 2011: "Best Lawyers in America" list
- 2007, 2009, 2010: "Super Lawyers" list in Washington D.C.
- 2007: Extraordinary Leadership award, HNBA
- 2006-2007: President, Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA)
- The White House, Press Release: "President Obama Names Two to U.S. Circuit Courts," September 29, 2010
- ↑ Official FJC Bio of Juge Reyna
- ↑ Law Week Colorado-Hispanic Bar To Honor Judge Jimmie Reyna-October 2, 2012
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 The White House, Press Release: "President Obama Names Two to U.S. Circuit Courts," September 29, 2010
- ↑ The White House, Press Release: "Presidential Nominations Sent to the Senate, 9/29/10"
- ↑ Judicial Nomination Materials
- ↑ 112th Congress Judicial Appointments
|Federal judicial offices|
|Court of Appeals for Federal Circuit
Chief Judge: Randall Rader • Kathleen M. O'Malley • Sharon Prost • Pauline Newman • Kimberly Moore • Alan Lourie • Timothy Dyk • Evan Wallach • Jimmie V. Reyna • Richard Gary Taranto • Raymond Chen • Todd Hughes
|Former judges||Paul Michel • Arthur Gajarsa • Daniel Friedman • Glenn Archer • James Almond • Jean Bissell • Phillip Baldwin • Marion Bennett • Arnold Cowen • Oscar Davis • Shiro Kashiwa • Don Laramore • Howard Markey • Jack Miller • Philip Nichols • Helen Nies • Giles Rich • Byron Skelton • Edward Smith • Edward Samuel Smith •|
|Former Chief judges|