John M. Britt
|John M. Britt|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|North Carolina 7A Judicial District|
|Alternative court:||7BC Judicial District|
|Undergraduate:||University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill|
|Law School:||North Carolina Central University|
|Candidate for:||7th Judicial District|
|Election information 2012:|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
John M. Britt is a district court judge for the 7A Judicial District and the 7BC Judicial District, serving Nash, Wilson, and Edgecombe counties of North Carolina. He joined the court in 1996 and his current term expires in 2016.
- See also: North Carolina judicial elections, 2012
Judicial candidate survey
The North Carolina Bar Association asked its members to rank incumbent judges with terms ending in 2012 on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being "excellent". Below are Britt's ratings in five categories and overall:
- The North Carolina Court System, "Nash County - District 7A"
- The North Carolina Court System, "Edgecombe County - District 7BC"
- The North Carolina Court System, "Wilson County - District 7BC"
- The North Carolina Court System: Judicial Directory, Hon. John M. Britt
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Lists of Judges and Term Expiration Dates
- The North Carolina Court System: Local Rules for the Seventh Judicial District Court System, July 30, 2001
- Martindale.com, "Judge Profile: John M. Britt"
- North Carolina State Board of Elections: Official 2012 General Election Results
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Candidate Filing List," 2012 Scroll to p.48
- NC Bar Association: Judicial Performance Evaluation Survey, January 2012 Scroll to p.9