|Current Court Information:|
|Dane County Circuit Court, Wisconsin|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Jim Doyle|
|Preceded by:||Robert A. DeChambeau|
|Undergraduate:||University of Wisconsin-Madison|
|Law School:||University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1978|
|Candidate for:||Dane County Circuit Court|
|Election information 2014:|
John W. Markson is a judge for the Dane County Circuit Court in Wisconsin. He was appointed by Governor Jim Doyle on June 27, 2007 to replace retiring Judge Robert A. DeChambeau. In 2008, Markson ran unopposed and was elected to the position. Markson was re-elected to the Dane County Circuit Court in 2014 for a term that will expire in 2020.
- See also: Wisconsin judicial elections, 2014
| Markson ran for re-election to the Dane County Circuit Court.
General: He won without opposition in the general election on April 1, 2014.
Prior his appointment to the Dane County Circuit Court, Markson was a shareholder in Bell, Gierhart & Moore, which he joined as an associate in 1984. Before this, he was a partner in Stafford, Rosenbaum, Rieser & Hansen. Markson began his legal career as a law clerk to Justice William G. Callow at the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
Judge issues moot ruling criticizing the state's actions against protesters
- Dane County Clerk of Courts
- Channel 3000, "Judge tosses cops' collective bargaining suit," October 23, 2013
- Portage Daily Register, "Judge: Treatment court should take on tough cases," September 4, 2013
- Dane County Clerk of Court, "Circuit Court Judges," accessed April 7, 2014
- Office of the Liutenent Governor Rebecca Kleefisch, June 27, 2007
- The Third Branch, "Judiciary welcomes seven new judges," Summer 2007
- Wisconsin State Elections Board, "Results of Spring General Election," April 1, 2008
- The Third Branch, "Six appointed judges run unopposed, win first full terms," Spring 2008
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election, 2014 Spring Election," January 23, 2014
- Martindale.com, "Judge Profile: John W. Markson," accessed November 20, 2013
- Wisconsin Lawyer, "In the News," July 2008
- Daily Kos, "Dane County (WI) Judge Declares Rule Used to Charge Singers Unconstitutional," February 5, 2014
- The Cap Times, "Judge blasts Scott Walker administration for altering solidarity singer citations," February 7, 2014
- Scribd, "State of Wisconsin vs. John B. Bell," February 5, 2014