|Jon M. Counsell|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Clark County Circuit Court, Wisconsin|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Tommy Thompson|
|Past post:||Attorney in private practice|
|Undergraduate:||Marquette University, 1984|
|Law School:||University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1987|
|Candidate for:||Clark County Circuit Court|
|Election information 2012:|
|Election date:||April 3, 2012|
Jon M. Counsell is the circuit court judge for the Clark County Circuit Court in Wisconsin. He was first appointed to the position by Gov. Tommy Thompson in 1999, and was elected in 2000. Counsell was re-elected in 2006 and most recently 2012 for a term that will expire in 2018.
- 1999-2018: Judge, Clark County Circuit Court
- 1988-1999: Attorney in private practice
- 1987-1988: Judicial Clerk, Wisconsin Court of Appeals
- See also: Wisconsin judicial elections, 2012
- The Huffington Post, "Activist Judge Rules Against Wisconsin's CCW Ban, Cites Wikipedia, Ignores Facts," October 15, 2010
- The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, "Clark Co. judge rules ban on concealed weapons unconstitutional," October 15, 2010
- Clark County Website, "Clerk of Courts"
- Wisconsin Court System, "Circuit Court Judges," accessed December 16, 2013
- Wisconsin Election Watch, "Jon M. Counsell," accessed December 16, 2013
- Martindale.com, "Judge Profile: Jon M. Counsell," accessed December 16, 2013
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Canvass Results for 2012 Presidential Preference and Spring Election," April 3, 2012, accessed December 16, 2013