Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|South Dakota Magistrate Courts|
|Preceded by:||Alan D. Dietrich|
|Past position:||Partner, Beck & Cutler, LLP'|
|Past position 2:||Attorney, South Dakota Network Against Family Violence & Sexual Assault|
|Past term 2:||2010-2013|
|Law School:||University of South Dakota School of Law, 1995|
Cutler received her J.D. at the University of South Dakota School of Law in 1995. Cutler received a BILLD certificate in Legislative Leadership Development from the University of Wisconsin, Madison, in 2003 and her Executive Education Certificate from the Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, in 2005.
- 2013-Present: Judge, Magistrate Court Second Judicial Circuit
- 2010-2013: Attorney, South Dakota Network Against Family Violence & Sexual Assault
- 2011-2013: Partner, Beck & Cutler, LLP
- 2010-2012: Senator, South Dakota State Senate
- 2002-2010: Representative, South Dakota State House of Representatives
- 1995-2011: Attorney, General practice
- 1999-2009: Dean of Criminal Justice and Public Administration, Colorado Technical University
Awards and associations
- Vice Chair, Senate Judiciary
- Vice Chair Legislative Executive Committee
- Chair, State Council, Interstate Corrections Compact
- Vice Chair, National Conference of State Legislatures, Law and Justice Committee
- Chair, Legislative Redistricting Conurbation Subcommittee
- Faculty Presenter, Uniform Laws Commission on Federalism,George Washington School of Law
- South Dakota Legislature, "2012 Session Legislator Information"
- Argus Leader, "Former legislator appointed as judge"
- Joni Cutler