|José Luis Castillo, Jr.|
|Current Court Information:|
|Pima County Justice Courts, Arizona|
|Title:||Senior Justice of the Peace|
|Past position:||Criminal Law Trial Lawyer, Pima County Legal Defender's Office|
|Undergraduate:||University of Arizona, 1981|
|Law School:||University of Arizona, 1988|
|Military service:||U.S. Marine Corps, Army National Guard|
José Luis Castillo, Jr. is the senior justice of the peace in Pima County and specifically serves Precinct 2 of the Pima County Consolidated Justice Courts in Arizona. He was first elected to this position in September of 1994, effective the following January. He was most recently re-elected in 2012 for a term that expires in 2016.
Castillo served in the United States Marine Corps and later served in the Army National Guard.
- 1995-2016: Justice of the Peace, Pima County Justice Court
- 1999-2002: Presiding Judge
- 1997-1998: Associate Presiding Judge
- 2004-2008: City of Tucson Special Magistrate
- 1993-1994: Criminal Law Trial Lawyer, Office of the Pima County Legal Defender
- 1990-1993: Criminal Defense Trial Attorney, City of Tucson Office of the Public Defender
Castillo was re-elected to the Justice Court in 2012 with 98.3% of the vote. He was unopposed.
- Pima County Justice Court: Meet the Judges - Jose Castillo
- Information submitted via Judgepedia's biographical submission form on 6/8/2013
- Pima County Election Results: Election Summary Report, November 6, 2012 General Election