Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|United States Court of International Trade|
|Appointed by:||Bill Clinton|
|Preceded by:||Dominick DiCarlo|
|Undergraduate:||Wichita State University, B.A., 1965|
|Law School:||Rutgers U. Law, J.D., 1981|
|Grad. School:||Rutgers U., M.L.S., 1971|
Judith Barzily is a Article III federal judge serving on senior status for the United States Court of International Trade. She joined the court in 1998 after being nominated by President Bill Clinton. She assumed senior status on June 2, 2011.
Early life and education
Barzilay graduated from Wichita State with an undergraduate degree in 1965 and from Rutgers University School of Library and Information Science with a Master's in Library Science in 1971. In 1981, she earned her J.D. from Rutgers Law.
- 1995-1998: Member, Treasury Advisory Committee on Commercial Operations of the U.S. Customs Service
- 1988-1998: Sony Electronics, Inc., Park Ridge, New Jersey
- 1996-1998: Vice President, Government Affairs
- 1989-1995: Vice President, Import-Export Operations
- 1988-1989: Senior Attorney
- 1986-1988: Attorney, Private Practice, New York City, New York
- 1983-1986: Trial Attorney, International Trade Field Office, United States Department of Justice, New York City, New York
- 1982-1983: Attorney, Private Practice, Wayne, New Jersey
- 1981-1982: Law Clerk, Hon. Robert Tarleton, New Jersey Superior Court
- 1971-1978: Librarian, Selden, New York, Woodbridge, New Jersey, Somerville, New Jersey, and East Brunswick, New Jersey
- 1965-1969: High school teacher, Wichita, Kansas, Lawrenceville, New Jersey, and Hamilton Township, New Jersey.
Barzily was nominated by President Bill Clinton on January 27, 1998 to a seat vacated by Dominick DiCarlo as DiCarlo assumed senior status. Barzily was confirmed by the U.S. Senate on March 11, 1998 on a majority voice vote and received commission on March 11, 1998. She assumed senior status on June 2, 2011.
- United States Court of International Trade website
- Judge Barzily's Biography from the Federal Judicial Center
|Former Article III judges||Evan Wallach • Dominick DiCarlo • Nils Boe • Morgan Ford • Frederick Landis • Herbert Maletz • Bernard Newman • Paul Rao • Edward Re • Scovel Richardson • Samuel Rosenstein • James Watson •|
|Former Chief judges|