Judith M. Brawka
|Judith M. Brawka|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Illinois Sixteenth Judicial Circuit Court|
|Past position:||Associate judge, Sixteenth Circuit|
|Undergraduate:||DePaul University, 1975|
|Law School:||Northwestern University, 1978|
|Candidate for:||Sixteenth Judicial Circuit Court|
|Election information 2014:|
Judith M. Brawka is a judge of the Sixteenth Circuit Court in Illinois. She was elected to this position in 2002. She was retained on November 4, 2014, for a term that expires on December 6, 2020.
- See also: Illinois judicial elections, 2014
|Brawka ran for retention to the Sixteenth Judicial Circuit Court. The general election took place on November 4, 2014.|
The Illinois State Bar Association and participating attorneys rated Judith M. Brawka as Recommended for retention in a 2014 poll.
- 2002-2020: Circuit judge, Illinois Sixteenth Judicial Circuit Court (Elected)
- 1991-2002: Associate judge, Illinois Sixteenth Judicial Circuit Court (Appointed)
- 1986-1998: Public defender, Kane County
- 1978-1986: Assistant public defender, Kane County
- Illinois Courts, "Judges of the 16th Judicial Circuit," accessed May 16, 2014
- Northwest Herald, "First woman selected as 16th Circuit chief judge," November 3, 2010 (timed out) (Cached)
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "List of judges seeking retention in the November 4, 2014 general election," accessed May 8, 2014
- Illinois State Bar Association, "Judicial Evaluations," October 2014
- Martindale, "Judith M. Brawka Judge Profile"