Judy L. McMahon
|Judy L. McMahon|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Ninth Circuit, South Carolina|
|Title:||Family court judge|
|Past position:||Attorney in private practice|
|Past position 2:||Municipal court judge, City of Charleston|
|Past term 2:||1978-1983|
|Undergraduate:||Winthrop College, 1966|
|Law School:||University of South Carolina, 1967|
|Grad. School:||Florida State University, 1976|
Judy L. McMahon is a family court judge for the Ninth Judicial Circuit in South Carolina. She was first elected to the court by the South Carolina General Assembly in February 1983 and was most recently re-elected on February 3, 2010. Her current term expires on June 30, 2016.
Before her election to the court, McMahon worked as an attorney in private practice in Charleston, South Carolina. She also previously served as a municipal court judge for the City of Charleston from 1978 to 1983.
- South Carolina Judicial Department, "Family Court Map"
- South Carolina Judicial Department, "Judge Judy L. McMahon Biography"
- South Carolina Judicial Department, "Family Court Judges - Circuit 9," accessed July 14, 2014
- South Carolina Judicial Department, "Judge Judy L. McMahon Biography," accessed July 14, 2014
- The Post & Courier, "Several judges re-elected," February 4, 2010
- South Carolina Legislature, "Terms of Judges, State of South Carolina," updated May 15, 2013