Karen K. Herman
|Karen K. Herman|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Orleans Parish Judicial District, Louisiana|
|Past position:||Attorney, Herman, Herman, Katz and Cotlar, LLP|
|Undergraduate:||Emory University, 1991|
|Law School:||Tulane University School of Law, 1994|
|Candidate for:||Orleans Parish Judicial District|
|Position:||Criminal Section I|
|Election information 2014:|
Karen K. Herman is a judge for the Orleans Parish Criminal Court, Section I, in Orleans Parish, Louisiana. She was elected to this position on October 4, 2008, and her current term expires on December 31, 2014. She ran for re-election to the Orleans Parish Criminal Court in 2014.
- See also: Louisiana judicial elections, 2014
| Herman ran for re-election to the Orleans Parish Criminal Court.
As an unopposed candidate, she was automatically elected without appearing on the ballot.
Herman began her career in 1991 as a law clerk in the Orleans Parish District Attorney's office. She worked in that capacity until 1994 but continued to work there as a prosector until 1999, when she left to raise a family. From 2004 through 2007, she practiced commercial litigation with law firm Herman, Herman, Katz and Cotlar, LLP. She served as the executive director for Court Watch NOLA (a watchdog organization she helped create that sends volunteers into courtrooms to monitor cases) prior to her judicial election in the fall of 2008.
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "Official Election Results: Orleans 10/4/2008"
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "Elected Officials" (Select "By Parish" and "ORLEANS")
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "November 4, 2014 General Election Candidates," accessed August 25, 2014
- Karen Herman campaign website, "About"
- NOLA.com: The Times-Picayune, "Judgeship race pits four for Section I seat on Orleans Parish Criminal District Court," September 18, 2008