Kathleen M. Banke
|Kathleen M. Banke|
|Current Court Information:|
|California First District Court of Appeal|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger|
|Past post:||Judge, Alameda County Superior Court|
|Candidate for:||First District Court of Appeal|
|Election information 2014:|
Kathleen M. Banke is a justice on the First District, Division One of the California Courts of Appeal. She was appointed in June of 2009 by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and was sworn-in the following July 30. She is running for retention in 2014.
- See also: California judicial elections, 2014
|Banke is running for retention to the First District Court of Appeal. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.|
Banke was retained in 2010.
- See also: California judicial elections, 2010
Banke spent her legal career practicing appellate law for over 20 years. In June 2006, she was appointed to the Alameda County Superior Court. Three years later, she was elevated to the California First District Court of Appeal.
Awards and associations
- Chair, Center for Judicial Education
- Member, Kleps Award Committee
- Inducted fellow, American Academy of Appellate Lawyers
- Ex officio member, California Academy of Appellate Lawyers
- California Courts, "Kathleen M. Banke"
- Office of the Governor Press Release, "Governor Schwarzenegger Appoints Three Justices to the First District Court of Appeal," June 11, 2000
- California Secretary of State, "Justices of the California Courts of Appeal" Scroll to page 4
- California Courts, "Hon. Kathleen M. Banke"
- Metropolitan News-Enterprise, "Governor Names Chaney, Johnson to C.A.," June 12, 2009
- California Secretary of State, "General Election -November 4,2014 Official Certified List of Candidates," August 28, 2014