Laura A. Powell
|Laura A. Powell|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|North Carolina 29A Judicial District|
|Title:||District court judge|
|Undergraduate:||University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill|
|Law School:||University of Georgia|
|Candidate for:||29A Judicial District|
|Election information 2014:|
Laura A. Powell is a district court judge for the 29A Judicial District, which presides over McDowell and Rutherford counties of North Carolina. Powell was re-elected to the 29A Judicial District in 2014, winning a new term that expires on December 31, 2018.
- See also: North Carolina judicial elections, 2014
| Powell ran for re-election to the 29A Judicial District.
General: She was unopposed in the general election on November 4, 2014.
- See also: North Carolina judicial elections, 2010
- The North Carolina Court System, "McDowell County - District 29A"
- The North Carolina Court System, "Rutherford County - District 29A"
- The North Carolina Court System, "McDowell County - District 29A, District Court Judges"
- Judicial selection in North Carolina
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Candidate List Group by Contest," March 4, 2014
- North Carolina Secretary of State, "Unofficial General Election Results"
- Martindale.com, "Judge Profile: Laura A. Powell"