Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|30th Circuit Court, Michigan|
|Past position:||Attorney, Baird & Zulakis, P.C.|
|Past term:||1980 - 2000|
|Undergraduate:||Western Michigan University|
|Law School:||Thomas M. Cooley Law School|
|Candidate for:||30th Circuit Court|
|Election information 2012:|
Laura Baird is a judge for the 30th Circuit Court in Ingham County, Michigan. She was elected to this position on November 7, 2000 (effective January 1st) and was re-elected in 2006 and 2012. Her current term expires on January 1, 2019.
Baird received her B.S. degree from Western Michigan University in 1975, along with a secondary teaching certificate. She taught Collegio International de Carabobo Valencia while finishing her degree in 1974 and 1975. She then earned her J.D. degree from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School in 1979.
Baird began her career in 1979 as an Associate Attorney for the Family Law Clinic of Lansing, MI. The following year, she became a private practice lawyer and co-founder of the firm of Baird & Zulakis, P.C. She worked in that capacity until she was elected to the Circuit Court in 2000.
- ↑ Michigan 2000 Election Results: 30th Circuit Court
- ↑ Michigan 2006 Election Results: 30th Circuit Court
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Ingham County: Biography of Hon. Laura Baird
- ↑ Find Law: Baird and Zulakis PC, Attorneys at Law
- ↑ Michigan Department of State, Unofficial 2012 General Election Results: 30th Circuit Court
- ↑ Michigan Department of State, 2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing