Leonard F. Holzapfel
|Leonard F. Holzapfel|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Jackson County Court of Common Pleas, Ohio|
|Position:||General and Domestic Relations Divisions|
|Succeeded by:||Christopher J. Regan|
|Past position:||Attorney, Private practice|
|Undergraduate:||Ohio University, 1974|
|Law School:||Capital University Law School, 1978|
|Candidate for:||Fourth District Court of Appeals|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||March 6, 2012|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
Leonard F. Holzapfel was the judge for the Jackson County Common Pleas Court General and Domestic Relations Divisions in Jackson, Ohio. He was first elected to the court in 1992 and has been re-elected in 1998, 2004, and 2010. His current term was to end on December 31, 2016, but he announced his retirement in December 2012, and retired later that month, on December 31, 2012.
Before his election to the court in 1992, Holzapfel worked in private practice for over ten years in Wellston, Ohio. During that time, he also served as the Law Director for the City of Wellston and an assistant prosecutor for Jackson County, Ohio.
Holzapfel ran for an open seat on the Ohio Fourth District Court of Appeals. He won the Republican primary on March 6, receiving 27.82% of the vote. He was defeated by Marie Hoover in the general election on November 6, receiving 45.82% of the vote.
- See also: Ohio judicial elections, 2012
Holzapfel was re-elected to the Court of Common Pleas after running unopposed.
- Jackson County Common Pleas Court, Website
- JacksonCountyDaily.com, "Political Profile: Leonard Holzapfel," February 27, 2012
- ↑ Ohio Judiciary, 2010 Unofficial General Election Results
- ↑ The Telegram News.com, "Holzapfel retiring at year's end", December 24, 2012
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 JacksonCountyDaily.com, "Political Profile: Leonard Holzapfel," February 27, 2012
- ↑ Ohio Secretary of State: Official Results for 2012 General Election.
- ↑ Ohio Secretary of State, Candidates for Judge of the Court of Appeals 2012
- ↑ Ohio Secretary of State, 2010 Court of Common Pleas candidates