Mae A. D'Agostino
|Mae A. D'Agostino|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|United States District Court for the Northern District of New York|
|Appointed by:||Barack Obama|
|Active:||03/30/2011 - Present|
|Preceded by:||Frederick Scullin|
|Home State:||Albany, NY|
|Undergraduate:||Siena College, B.A., 1977|
|Law School:||Syracuse U. Law, J.D., 1980|
Early life and education
Northern District of New York
|Candidate:||Mae A. D'Agostino|
|Court:||Northern District of New York|
|Progress:||Confirmed 180 days after nomination.|
|Nominated:||September 29, 2010|
|ABA Rating:||Unanimously Well Qualified|
|Hearing:||February 2, 2011|
|Hearing Transcript:||Hearing Transcript|
|Reported:||March 3, 2011|
|Confirmed:||March 28, 2011|
On September 29, 2010, President Obama nominated D'Agostino to the United States District Court for the Northern District of New York.  D'Agostino received a unanimous rating of "Well Qualified" from the American Bar Association. She had a hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee on February 2, 2011 and you can find her Hearing Transcript here.
D'Agostino's nomination was returned to the President at the end of the 111th Congress. President Obama resubmitted the nomination on January 5, 2011.
D'Agostino was rated Unanimously Well Qualified by the American Bar Association. She had a hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee on February 2, 2011 and you can find her Hearing Transcript here.
Awards and Associations
- 1999-2011 Listed as one of the "Best Lawyers in America"
- Inducted into the American College of Trail Lawyers
- Former President, Albany County Bar Association
- Board of Trustees, Siena College 
- Senator Charles E. Schumer, Press Release: "Schumer Recommends Mae D'Agostino to Serve on Northern District Court," June 23, 2010
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Senator Charles E. Schumer, Press Release: "Schumer Recommends Mae D'Agostino to Serve on Northern District Court," June 23, 2010
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Official FJC Bio of Judge D'Agostino
- ↑ D'Agostino, Krackeler, & Maguire, P.C., Firm Overview
- ↑ The White House, Press Release: "Presidential Nominations Sent to the Senate, 9/29/10"
- ↑ Judicial Nomination Materials
- ↑ 112th Congress Nomination Materials
- ↑ 112th Congress Confirmations
|Federal judicial offices|
|Northern District of New York
|Magistrate judges||David Peebles • Randolph Treece • Larry Kudrle • Victor Bianchini • Andrew T. Baxter • Therese Wiley Dancks •|
|Former Article III judges||
Matthias Burnett Tallmadge • Roger Skinner • Alfred Conkling • Nathan Kelsey Hall • William James Wallace • Roger Miner • Rosemary Pooler • Alfred Conkling Coxe • George Washington Ray • Frank Cooper • Frederick Howard Bryant • Stephen Brennan • Constantine Cholakis • James Foley • Edward Kampf • Howard Munson • Edmund Port •
|Former Chief judges|