Maine Superior Courts
The Maine Superior Court is the state's trial court of general jurisdiction. It is the only level of court in Maine where jury trials are available.
The Superior Court handles:
- Jury and jury-waived trials in adult criminal cases, including murder and class A, B, C, D, and E offenses;
- Post-conviction reviews;
- Jury and jury-waived trials in civil cases, such as car accident lawsuits;
- cases in which equitable relief is requested, such as an injunction;
- Appeals from decisions of state and local administrative agencies, such as the Department of Human Services and municipal zoning boards.
- Maine Superior Court, official website