Marion R. Warren
|Marion R. Warren|
|Current Court Information:|
|North Carolina 13th Judicial District|
|Title:||District Court Judge|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Jim Hunt|
|Preceded by:||Ola M. Lewis|
|Past post:||Assistant District Attorney, Bladen, Brunswick and Columbus counties|
|Law School:||Campbell University School of Law, 1991|
|Candidate for:||Court of Appeals|
|Position:||Martin seat, special election|
|Election information 2014:|
Marion R. Warren is a district court judge for the 13th Judicial District, serving Bladen, Brunswick and Columbus counties of North Carolina. He was appointed to the court by former Governor Jim Hunt on August 9, 2000 to replace Ola M. Lewis. Warren was most recently re-elected in November 2012 to another four-year term that expires in 2016.
- See also: North Carolina judicial elections, 2014
| Warren ran for election to the North Carolina Court of Appeals.
General: He was defeated in the general election on November 4, 2014, after receiving 6.1% of the vote. He competed against Chuck Winfree, John Marsh Tyson, Elizabeth Davenport Scott, Tricia Shields, Jody Newsome, Marty Martin, Hunter Murphy, Keischa Lovelace, Ann Kirby, Abraham P. Jones, Sabra Jean Faires, Daniel Patrick Donahue, J. Brad Donovan, Lori G. Christian, Jeffrey M. Cook, Betsy Bunting, John S. Arrowood and Valerie Johnson Zachary.
- See also: North Carolina judicial elections, 2012
Judicial candidate survey
The North Carolina Bar Association asked its members to rank incumbent judges with terms ending in 2012 on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being "excellent". Below are Warren's ratings in five categories and overall:
- Facebook, "Judge Marion Warren for N.C. Court of Appeals"
- The Voter Update, “19 candidates running in special election for N.C. Appeals Court seat,” August 9, 2014
- The North Carolina Court System, "Bladen County - District 13"
- The North Carolina Court System, "Brunswick County - District 13"
- The North Carolina Court System, "Columbus County - District 13"
- The North Carolina Court System, "Judicial Directory, Hon. Marion R. Warren"
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Lists of Judges and Term Expiration Dates"
- A Brief Recess Newsletter, "Judicial Appointments," September 2000
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, “Special Election Candidate List,” accessed October 3, 2014
- ‘’North Carolina State Board of Elections’’, “Official General Election Results – Statewide,” November 25, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 General Election Results"
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Candidate Filing List," 2012 Scroll to p.53
- NC Bar Association, "Judicial Performance Evaluation Survey," January 2012 Scroll to p.11
- Campbell University, "One-Hundred-Fifth Spring Commencement," May 13, 1991
- Wilmington Morning Star, "Assistant DA running for judge," August 4, 2000