Mark S. Massa
|Mark S. Massa|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Indiana Supreme Court|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Mitch Daniels|
|Preceded by:||Randall Shepard|
|Past post:||Executive Director of the Indiana Criminal Justice Institute|
|Past post 2:||Chairman, Indiana Alcohol and Tobacco Commission|
|Past term 2:||2010-2012|
|Law School:||Indiana University School of Law at Indianapolis, 1989|
Mark S. Massa is a justice on the Indiana Supreme Court. He was appointed to the court by Governor Mitch Daniels on March 23, 2012 to fill the seat left by former Chief Justice Randall Shepard. Massa will serve until 2014, when he must stand for election.
After graduating from law school, Massa served as a clerk for former Indiana Supreme Court Chief Justice Randall Shepard from 1991 to 1993. Following this, Massa worked for the Marion County prosecutor's office as well as the U.S. attorney's office. He also served as legal counsel for Governor Daniels from 2006 through 2010.
Massa ran an unsuccessful campaign for Marion County prosecutor in 2010. Following his loss, Massa took another position in the Daniels administration, this time as the chairman of the Indiana Alcohol and Tobacco Commission. He served as the Executive Director of the Indiana Criminal Justice Institute from May 2011 until his appointment to the court.
- News: Governor Mitch Daniels names Mark Massa new Indiana Supreme Court justice, March 23, 2011
- Judges appointed by Mitch Daniels
- NWI.com, "Ind. justice's swearing-in highlights state's merit selection," April 2, 2012
- Indiana Court Times, "Mark Massa: 107th Indiana Supreme Court Justice," May 2, 2012
- ↑ Includes a $3k "subsistence" fee
- ↑ See Judicial selection in Indiana
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Northwester Indiana, "Gov. Daniels selects Mark Massa for Supreme Court," March 23, 2012
- ↑ Indiana Public Media, "Daniels Chooses Mark Massa To Replace Chief Justice Shepard," March 23, 2012
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Evansville Courier & Press, "Former Press reporter among finalists for Indiana Supreme Court," February 23, 2012
- ↑ The Indianapolis Star, "Gov. Daniels appoints Mark Massa for Indiana Supreme Court vacancy," March 23, 2012
|Former||Randall Shepard • Theodore Boehm • Frank Sullivan, Jr. • William Allen Woods • Francis Elisha Baker • Walter Treanor • Hardress Swaim •|