Mary C. Jacobson
|Mary C. Jacobson|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|New Jersey Vicinage 7|
|Position:||Superior Court, Chancery Division|
|Past position:||Assistant Attorney General, New Jersey|
|Undergraduate:||Smith College, 1974|
|Law School:||New York University School of Law, 1978|
Mary C. Jacobson is a judge on the Vicinage 7 Superior Court in New Jersey. Jacobson was appointed to the court in 2001 and obtained tenured status in 2008. She will now serve on the court until she reaches 70 years of age in 2023.
- 2001-2023: Judge, New Jersey Vicinage 7
- 1993-2001: Assistant Attorney General, New Jersey
- 1979-1993: Deputy Assistant Attorney General, New Jersey
Judge rules New Jersey must allow same-sex marriages
- New Jersey Courts, Mercer Vicinage, Judges Directory
- New Jersey Judiciary, "Judge Biographies"
- See Judicial selection in New Jersey
- RobeProbe, "Mary C. Jacobson"
- New York Times, "New Jersey Judge Rules State Must Allow Gay Marriage," September 27, 2013
- Buzzfeed, "New Jersey Judge Rules In Favor Of Marriage Equality," September 27, 2013
- JD Supra Law News, "NJ Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage, State Drops Appeal," November 11, 2013