Mary Day Coker
|Mary Day Coker|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Florida Eighth Circuit Court|
|Appointed by:||Charlie Crist|
|Active:||2/2010 - 1/2019|
|Preceded by:||Stan R. Morris|
|Past post:||Alachua County Court Judge|
|Past term:||2004 - 2010|
|Undergraduate:||Florida State University, 1980|
|Law School:||Georgetown University Law Center, 1983|
|Candidate for:||Eighth Circuit Court|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||August 14, 2012|
Eighth Judicial Circuit Court in Florida. She was appointed to this position by Governor Charlie Crist on January 11, 2010 (effective the following month). She replaced retired Judge Stan R. Morris. She was elected in 2012 to a full term that expires in January of 2019.
Coker spent a year as staff counsel for the U.S. Department of Agriculture and six years as an assistant state attorney in the 8th Judicial Circuit. She then practiced law with Scruggs and Carmichael for nine years and as a sole practitioner for four years before becoming a judge. In 2004, she joined the Alachua County Court, where she served until she was appointed to the Circuit Court in 2010.
- See also: Florida judicial elections, 2012
- Gainsville Sun "Crist appoints judges to 8th Circuit," January 12, 2010
- Chiefland Citizen "No vote on Levy County Judge; ditto on one circuit judgeship," February 12, 2010
- Alachua County Supervisor of Elections: Elected Officials, Circuit Judges
- Judicial selection in Florida
- Florida Division of Elections: 2012 Candidate Listing